Our residents & fellows body are part of NAAMA’s Residents and Fellows Council (RFC) with members all over the residency programs in New Jersey. Ideally, at least one person from every hospital/program in Michigan will be involved.
The RFC will provide workshops and mentorship to medical students as well as to residents and fellows.
- The RFC would like to conduct workshops with attendings and program directors from different subspecialties, who can provide us direction on what to look for in fellowships/faculty positions/private practice.
- Establish a mentorship program for medical students to help them in the residency application process and to encourage interest in different subspecialties
- Encourage research and presentations so that residents/fellows can be sponsored to attend either national and/or international NAAMA conferences.
- Increase the attendance of residents/fellows at national and international NAAMA meetings as they are a great opportunities to meet other Arab physicians, make connections and socialize.
- Appoint an RFC board member as liaison to the Michigan chapter board, and maybe this same liaison will have the opportunity to attend national NAAMA board meetings to discuss issues related to residents/fellow
- Encourage participation in NAAMA fund raisers.