NAAMA NextGen NJ is an incubator /chapter in NAAMA (National Arab American Medical Association) which is geared towards enhancing the careers of young undergrad and graduate innovators/ students in their 20’s empowering them to play a key role in healthcare advocacy and community service. As a part of a national organization, NAAMA NextGen NJ Chapter focuses on promoting the professional and social goals of American medical and dental students and residents of Arab heritage.
NAAMA NextGen NJ Chapter will make available to its members, resources to help unlock their potential and aspirations to have a career in healthcare. Such resources include and are not limited to:
- Involvement with mentorships
- Clinical and scientific research
- Seminars focusing on Medical School admission, applications, and interviews,
- Graduate school entrance exams, burnout and stress management
- Participation in the national and international healthcare community
- Cultural programs
- Exchange programs with Universities and Colleges in the Middle East
Members will not only be able to use these resources to better themselves further in their education and future careers, but they will also have the opportunity to participate in many of the philanthropy events and community projects that NAAMA NJ hosts every year. Students from both graduate and undergraduate programs interested in their odds and preparing better for a future career in healthcare are encouraged to join. Members of NAAMA NextGen NJ Chapter will be a network of friends and colleagues collaborating together to be the best that they can be for themselves, and for the community at large.
- To connect NextGen members with a Mentor that is specific to their field of interest.
- To provide shadowing experience specific to their field of interest.
- To provide academic support including course selection, completion of pre-requisites, admissions testing (MCAT, DAT, etc.), and more.
- To provide assistance with the application process for graduate programs and professional schools, including resumes, personal statements and letters of recommendation.
- To help NextGen members achieve a sense of engagement and belonging to NAAMA.
- To assist with character development and provide a supportive environment.
- To provide NextGen members with financial resources for academics.
- To facilitate decisions regarding major selection and career goals.
- To assist with community service and volunteering opportunities.
A Mentor will help facilitate personal and professional growth in an individual by sharing the knowledge and insights that have been learned through the years. Joining the program will provide many benefits to our NextGen members. Research shows that students that join mentorship programs tend to perform better in their classes, are more knowledgeable about resources and are more confident to tackle the rigor of the Pre-Health path.
Once assigned a Mentor, you will be able to communicate with your mentor, setup meeting times and engage in group meetings. A specific program will be given to you by your mentor that will outline goals according to the medical field of interest.
Most of you might be thinking, “Great, here is another thing I have to worry about or join… I already have so many things I have to get done”. But this isn’t the case with this program – instead this is something that will help alleviate the work, stress and make you successful! It is designed to be done during a time that is coordinated between YOU and your mentor. Remember we are here to help!
Questions? How to join NAAMA NextGen NJ?
Contact the program coordinator by email at:
After which, you will be assigned to a track and a Mentor. The current tracks are: Medical Scholars – including a sub-specialty in Podiatry, Dental Scholars, Physician Assistant Scholars, and Nursing Scholars.
Be Social NAAMA NextGen NJ