Dr. Mahmoud Aqel, MD
(Internal Medicine Physician )
Skills : Primary Care | Internist
Experience : 39 Years
Email : email@example.com
Contact : (973) 685-9922
Dr. Mahmoud Aqel, MD is the current NAAMA NJ Chapter President
Dr. Mahmoud Aqel, MD is primary care doctor and an undersea & hyperbaric medicine specialist in Paterson and Wayne, NJ and has been practicing for 39 years. He graduated from University Of Jordan, Faculty Of Medicine in 1980 and specializes in undersea & hyperbaric medicine.
Office Location & Contact
Paterson Community Clinic
355 21st Ave Ste 1
Paterson NJ 07501
Paterson Office – Crooks Avenue
37-43 Crooks Avenue
Paterson, NJ 07503
Specialties & Qualifications
Specialty: Internal Medicine
Internal medicine or general medicine is the medical specialty dealing with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of adult diseases. Physicians specializing in internal medicine are called internists, or physicians in Commonwealth nations.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease. In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Education & Medical Training
The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa
George Washington University, Washington, DC
University of Jordan Faculty of Medicine Medical School, Amman-Jordan
College & Residency
St Joseph’s Hospital & Medical Center
Residency , Internal Medicine
Seton Hall University School of Health and Medical Sciences
Residency , Internal Medicine
University of Jordan Faculty of Medicine
Certifications & Licensure
American Board of Internal Medicine
Certified in Internal Medicine
NJ State Medical License
Active through 2019
Dr. Mahmoud B. Aqel, MD is affiliated with the following hospitals. Affiliation usually means doctors can admit patients to a hospital.
Englewood Hospital and Medical Center
St. Joseph’s Regional Medical Center
- Board Certified Internal Medicine
- Board Certified Undersea and Hyperbaric Medicine
- Board Certified Wound Specialist
- Board Certified in Vascular Medicine
- American Medical Association
- Ohio State Medical Association
- Academy of Medicine Cleveland
- National Arab American Medical Association
- International Society of Ethnopharmacology
- Editorial Board Member for the International Journal of Pharmacognosy
- Society of Vascular Medicine & Biology
- American College of Angiology
- Association for the Advance of Wound Care
- Undersea & Hyperbaric Medicine Society
- American College of Hyperbaric Medicine
Awards & Honors
- Royal Palace Scholarship (1976-1980)
- First Place award at the Midwest Medical Research Forum XVI, Dayton, OH, 1985.
- Poster Finalist at the 76th annual meeting of ACP, Atlanta, GA, 1995.
- Editorial Board Member for the International Journal of Pharmacognosy (1991-2001).
- Reviewer for the Journal of Ethnopharmacology (1991-2001).
- Commissioner & Managers Board Member at Preakness Health System (2004-2011).
- Convention General Chairman, NAAMA’s 25th International Medical Convention, Amman, Jordan, June 25-30, 2011.
- NJ State Board of medical Examiners, 6/2017 till now.
- President, National Arab American Medical Association- NJ Chapter.
- President, Arab American Leadership Council.
Conditions Treated by Dr. Mahmoud B. Aqel, MD?
Check-up | Immunization | Weight Loss (non-surgical) | Heartburn | Vaccination | Physical
Primary Areas of Practice
Other Areas of Practice
- Adolescent Medicine
- Adult Health
- Family Medicine
- Geriatric Medicine
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- Long-Term Care Services
- Men’s Health
- Prevention and Wellness
- Primary Care
- Travel Medicine
- Weight Management
- Women’s Health
- Wound Care
- Cancer Screening
- Health Screening
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Physical Exams
- Abdominal Pain
- Arterial Ulcers
- Back Pain
- Chest Pain
- Crush Injuries/Abrasions
- Diabetic Ulcers
- High Blood Pressure
- High Cholesterol
- Infected Wounds
- Infectious Diseases
- Memory Problems
- Metabolic Bone Disease
- Necrotizing Skin Infections
- Non-Healing Wounds
- Pressure Ulcers
- Prostate Disorders
- Respiratory Infections
- Sleep Apnea
- Thyroid Disorders
- Urinary Tract Infection
- Venous Ulcers
- Wounds Due to Trauma